I hate introductions. I always start with them and always end with them. Either I or they must be jinxed somehow, and I can only hope it's the latter!
Anyway, I'll try and keep this short and sweet.
I'm 17 and I enjoy art. Not much to be said, I suppose. Truth be told, I hope you can learn more from me by observing my works than of me telling you. It's a lot more special that way and I hope you can at least see a glimpse of my world.
I like experimenting in different mediums from Creative writing to digital art and then to clay sculpting. My hopes for this blog is that I'll be able to share a bit of each, as if they're all mashed up in my own private notebook. From poems and notes of a plant I created in school to cartoon doodles and realistic portraits, here is where you'll find mine. I'm going to be kicking off this blog (ouch!) with a weekly challenge for summer in which I complete 4 tasks in 4 art mediums.
Culinary - Due to my amazing (nonexistant) cooking skills, I thought it would be a good exercise to try cooking 1 dish each week.
Crafting - Since I find it rare to practice my hobbies that are outside of digital drawing, any type of hands-on craft once per week, basically anything that I don't digitally draw (*thbbt!*)
Drawing - Complete 1 digital drawing per week. Doesn't seem hard since that's all I really do right? Wrong, I'm a horrible procrastinator and never-finisher.
Reading - I also don't read very much and prefer articles online filled with hysterically melancholic woes. Since reading breeds good stuff for the soul, I'm going to try to finish a book every week, ( possibly more than 1 week since I'm a 2 legged turtle when it comes to reading. )
Random fact: I found an old story of mine that starred myself as the main character (in my defense, who hasn't done that at some point!?). However, I didn't want my sisters to find it and realize it was me. So I changed my name in the document to "Kendra Dorkfazer". Haha the memories! I'm such a dorkfazer indeed!
Favorite phrase: ha-ha-larious
And now a recent mandatory self portrait with a dramatic lighting and slightly moody eyes.

No comments:
Post a Comment